Sunday, July 18, 2010

Nikki Haring and poetry

The youth were inspired this week from local photographer Nikki Haring. You can view her Flickr photo stream at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/nikkihphotography/sets/72157623960479758/
Haring showed the students her landscape photography and discussed poetry with them. Some of the students images and poems are below.


From Sarah
Inspiration words: city, lights, skyscrapers, food
It’s a busy street
There’s beautiful lights
And there’s huge skyscrapers everywhere.
But, the food is so good
You wish you lived in the big Chicago city.







From Patrick
Inspiration word: Football
I feel fine until the ball is in the air
And my team is counting on me to pick the ball off and score
Then I feel all the pressure in the world
Then if I do, I am thinking that
I might get hit hard
Like I ran into a brick wall







From Mila
Inspiration words: football, touchdown, pressure crowd
Trying out for football is very
Exciting and honorable.
The only girl to overcome the pressure.
Crowd gives me confidence
Enthusiastic to make touchdown





From Micala
Inspiration word: Food
Food makes you grow
Like vegetables and fruits
I like pizza
The way pandas like bamboo shoots




From LJ



From Estrella
Inspiration words: poncho, dreams, family, singing
Dreams…
What are dreams?
Dreams feel realistic…
Dreams are sometimes scary or happy!
But dreams are like little flashing pictures in your mind while you’re sleeping





From Nick
Let me remember my birthday:
I want food, dude
We will swim
At the gym




No comments:

Post a Comment