Friday, August 13, 2010

Andy Goldsworthy and Pictures of Conjunctions

Conjunctions link words together. The ephemeral artist Andy Goldsworthy links natural elements together to make art and photographs them. Class this week did all of the above: conjunctions, art and photography.

Goldsworthy is a British sculptor, photographer and environmentalist. He makes natural art that is both temporary and permanent. The materials he uses include brightly-colored flowers, icicles, leaves, mud, pine cones, snow, stone, twigs, and thorns.
"I think it's incredibly brave to be working with flowers and leaves and petals. But I have to: I can't edit the materials I work with. My remit is to work with nature as a whole." - Goldsworthy
Below are short stories and images from the students.

From Tatyana, Estrella and Judy

"Tatyana, Estrella and Babak with their glasses" - Judy




From Ty'shon and Angel






From Jalen and Patrick





From LJ




From Nick and Lauren






From Mikayla and Rachel



"The nest was made out of sticks, dead grass, weeds and grass." - Mikayla

"The sun shines and sparkles. The sky makes it look as blue as it can be." -Rachel


From Paul

"My pictures are cazy! My pictures are funny. My pictures are cool. Zach and Cody made a weird face. Zach and Cody went BOOM up the stairs. They got mad at me because of the alligator. They went to my room and stomped my foot. My dad got mad at me. And, then he went up in a big airplane and his ears popped. Me and my dad went ZOOM in the airplane. The End." - Paul


No comments:

Post a Comment